Re: Forms 4.5 Create a Matrix

From: Jamie Keir <jkerr_at_jameswatt.ac.uk>
Date: 1998/04/07

Michael Horn wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I want create a matrix in Forms over 3 tables but i have no idea. Please
> help
>
> Michael Horn

Wotcher.

Not really sure what you mean here; by 'matrix', do you mean a single display, or separate displays each showing a 2-D 'slice' of your 3-table set? Either way, probably creating a view (or views) is probably the easiest way to go. ie.

create view test_view as (select t1.i1 v1,t1.i2 v2,t1.i3 v3,t2.i1 v4,t2.i2 v5,t2.i3 v6
  from my_table1 t1, my_table2 t2);

and in Forms, base your canvas on the view.

Of course, I could be barking up the wrong tree entirely.

Jamie Keir Received on Tue Apr 07 1998 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message