Forms 4.5 poplist question

From: <jgboesc_at_uswest.com>
Date: 1998/04/06

Here's the requirements of one block of a form (Forms 4.5):

I have a simple block with only a checkbox and a poplist.

[Quoted] When the box is checked the user must make a non-null selection from the poplist. When the box is not checked, the poplist is disabled, but I don't want any value to appear in the disabled poplist.

What I'd like to do is to set the disabled poplist to a null choice when it is disabled. In other words, when the user un-checks the box, their disabled poplist should become blank to send a NULL value to the database.

I understand the WHEN-CHECKBOX-CHANGED trigger, and I've been able to change the poplist from enabled to disabled but I don't know how to set the poplist to a specific (null) value.

The on-line help stated that "It is possible to write a When-Validate-Item trigger that changes the value of an item that Oracle Forms is validating" but there was no further explanation.

This is my first form and it seems like a common situation so I hope someone can point me in the right direction.

Thanks!

Jason Boesch