Re: Oracle installer. Application deployment.

From: DanHW <danhw_at_aol.com>
Date: 1998/03/31

>I am trying to deploy an application using the Oracle installer.
>
>I have managed to create a forms/reports deployment in the manner suggested
>on the Developer/2000 V1.5 for Win95/NT CD deploy directory.
>
>However, I would like to be able to execute other programs automatically as
>part of the install. I can't seem to find any documentation for the scripting
>language used by Oracle.
>
>Ideally, I would like to create a CD from which I could install the client
>and server side of our application, perform patch upgrades etc.
>
>Does anyone have any info on the above, or know any more details on the prd,
>map, ins, dei, vrf etc. script files?
>
>Thanks in advance.
>
>Chris Dowell.

I was able to copy the DEPLOY subdirectory onto a local disk drive, and then to a CD. Just be careful that you end up with the same directory structure on the new CD as you have on the real Oracle CD. However, all I did was replace a few Oracle files (TNSNAMES.ORA for example). I did not need to modify any other files, and after looking at them, I was sure glad. Good luck, and let us know if you manage to figure anything out with those files.

Dan Received on Tue Mar 31 1998 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message