Re: PL/SQL, Pro *C, SQL *Loader

From: Steve Phelan <stevep_at_XXnospamXX.toneline.demon.co.uk>
Date: 1998/03/31

You might find that Pro*C is you _only_ choice, depending on the parsing you require.

I'd use it anyway, because it's fast and you have a lot of control. Then again, I've been using it for 10 years, so I'm biased! :-) Depending on your experience, it may or may not be the right choice for you. Still, worth considering, IMHO.

Then again... SQL*Loader can go 'direct' and 'parallel', so it's performance may be very, very good if you can exploit it well. It just may not handle the parsing you require. Check the Oracle Utilities Manual for what it can, and cannot, do.

Steve Phelan.