Re: PL/SQL and output

From: Zoran <zoranm_at_echo-on.net>
Date: 1998/03/19

[Quoted] This is definitely possible. But since I'm -not- currently at work, I can't [Quoted] send a sample.

I do remember that there's a init parm in the init.ora (oracle startup initialization file) that must be set to some directory, before you can use [Quoted] of PUT_LINE (or is some other function, argh, I can't remember the exact details without having my code in front of me).

I read about all this in the Oracle Application Developers Guide. If I remember correctly, there's a whole chapter (or appendix) on Oracle supplied [Quoted] packages, one of which is DBMS_OUTPUT, or is it DBMS_FILE - the one that lets you read/write to flat files on disk.

Hope this helps.

Zoran.