Re: Dropping Columns??

From: Dr. Jan Dieckmann <jdieckmann_at_psi.de>
Date: 1998/03/19

Mark Cudmore wrote:

> Is it possible to drop columns in a table in Oracle? I've never had to do
> this, but I have normalized a table, and I need to drop some of the columns
> in the original table, and I don't want to re-create the table because I
> have a number of triggers and other tables dependent on that table! Help!
>
> --
> Mark Cudmore
> email: mcudmore_at_kamloops.env.gov.bc.ca
Using our Tool Hora 3 you can drop columns. In fact Hora 3 does what everybody has to do: Recreate the table (without the column you like to drop), copy the data, recreate all constraints ...

You will find a free trial version at www.keeptool.com

regards Jan Dieckmann
[Quoted] Jan.Dieckmann_at_keeptool.com Received on Thu Mar 19 1998 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message