Reports Server on Windows 3.1 - very slow

From: Phil Noon <phil.noon_at_bigfoot.com>
Date: 1998/03/17

I'm having problems with Reports Server running on Windows 3.1. The reason for using Reports Server is that it is supposed to free up the PC for the user to continue working while a report is being produced. However, in practice, Reports Server seems to hog the machine and leave it effectively frozen until the report has completed.

The reports are not complex (letters generally, just one or two pages). They are being run from Forms using the run_product command with commmode=asynchronous specified. I have tried both execmode=BATCH and execmode=RUNTIME but there is no noticeable difference (incidentally, I can't find a proper explanation of BATCH/RUNTIME in the Oracle documentation).

Any suggestions, explanations etc would be welcome.

Phil Noon. Received on Tue Mar 17 1998 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message