Re: ER software for Oracle 8

From: Dr. Jan Dieckmann <jdieckmann_at_psi.de>
Date: 1998/03/16

Doug Carter wrote:

> I'm in the process of reviewing software to create ER diagrams and automate
> the process of database object creation in an Oracle 8 environment. If
> anyone has had experiences of the following products I would very much
> appreciate your thoughts:
>
> - Oracle Designer 2000
> - EasyER 1.5
> - ER/Studio 2.5
> - Erwin 3.5
> - PowerDesigner 6.1
>
> Regards
>
> Doug Carter
> Database Administrator
> TUI Consulting
I know Oracle Designer 2000 and ERWin 3.5. I worked with Oracle 7.2 and 7.3. I think ERWin is the better choice. Its handy and you donā€™t need more than 1 day to work with this Tool. I suppose you will need 3 .. 5 days to be productive with Designer 2000. ERWin offers the command "Alter Database" to compare and alter a existing database if it differs from your design in ERWin. You will not find anything like this in Designer 2000.

For database administration I recommend our Tool Hora 3. You can download a free trial version from www.keeptool.com.

Jan Dieckmann KeepTool GbR
Jan.Dieckmann_at_keeptool.com Received on Mon Mar 16 1998 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message