Pro*C, TWO_TASK problem

From: Ranga Chakravarthi <rchak_at_netcom.com>
Date: 1998/03/16

Hi Netters,

we are having problems running Pro*C programs with TWO_TASK set.

Our current installation is like this:

Platform : DEC Alpha 4.0
Oracle version : 7.3.3.5.0
PL/SQL :2.3.3.5.0
Reports : 2.5.6.3.0

ORACLE_HOME = $ORACLE_BASE/7.3.3
DEV2K_HOME  = $ORACLE_BASE/Dev2k-1.4W
ORACLE_SID  = orcl
TWO_TASK    = dev2k (defined in tnsnames.ora  in DEV2K_HOME/network/admin)

The reason why we have two different Oracle homes is because, Dev2k is not available for 7.3.3 on Digital platform yet. The version of Dev2k we use is for 7.2 (but we don't have 7.2 installed)

In order to call a report from Pro*C, using the rwcrrb function, we have to link all the reports libraries (under DEV2k_HOME) along with other libraries. If we run the executable from Pro*C with TWO_TASK set, the reports work fine, but stored procedures and functions are not working properly. eg, DBMS_PIPE.RECEIVE_MESSAGE thinks that it is receiving some message even though there isn't one. Another function that returns a varchar2 returns just blanks.

any body have any solutions?

Other than transferring us between different groups, oracle support is of no help!

thanks in advance,

-ranga Received on Mon Mar 16 1998 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message