Re: Perform operating system's commands in PL/SQL?

From: cpbbb <cpbrady_at_frontiernet.net>
Date: 1998/03/07

There is another option within PL/SQL:
there are a whole series of packages/functions/stored procedures that are shipped with Oracle now.
Look in your /oracle/dbs/admin directory..or look on the database for the Source. They are named with "DBMS_". For example, in O 7.3, there is now a UTL_FILE package that allows you to read operating system files directly from PL/SQL.

Regards,
Craig Brady
cpbrady_at_frontiernet.net