Re: Perform operating system's commands in PL/SQL?

From: Chi Hoang <hoangchi_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 1998/03/02

Here are the steps that will make this work: 1. Write a daemon process that reads a certain oracle pipe that runs on the OS; I've only tried it on UNIX using Pro*C. 2. You need write PL/SQL that sends and receives messages through that pipe. The outgoing message would be the UNIX command while the incoming message is the result of that command. I would place this in a package of some sort.

Well, that is the overview of that. I saw an article on it in the old Oreview magazine, which is still archived: www.oreview.com (it's called something else now but they have archives of the old magazine).

Good luck.

Chi