PL/SQL Help: Passing column names as parameters to stored procedures

From: Jim Cavalcoli <cavalcj_at_aa.wl.com>
Date: 1998/03/06

[Quoted] I'm fairly new to PLSQL devlopment, and have been trying to write a PL/SQL procedure (stored procedure) where I can pass in a column name as a parameter.

I was told to try dynamic PL/SQL, since it doesn't really compile till run time. Though my efforts with that have failed as well.

Is there someone out there who has done this before, or who has a good idea how I should proceed -- I'd love to receive a news message or e-mail from you.

Thanks in Advance,

Jim Cavalcoli
cavalcj_at_aa.wl.com Received on Fri Mar 06 1998 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message