ODBC "standard" scalar functions supported?

From: Guy Rouillier <guyr_at_raleigh.ibm.com>
Date: 1998/03/06

Going only by the online documentation for ODBC from Microsoft Developer Network, I found the function UCASE() listed which is supposed to uppercase its argument. When I tried

        select ucase(a_column) from a_table;

I got "invalid column name" back from the Oracle ODBC driver (this is on 7.3.2.2, latest driver retrieved from Oracle web site.) When I switch to the Oracle scalar function upper(a_column), everything works fine.

Does Oracle not support the listed ODBC scalar functions? Received on Fri Mar 06 1998 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message