Solaris: Getting Developer/2000 Reports multi-tier server to work

From: Will Dieterich <wdieteri_at_shell.rmi.net>
Date: 1998/03/04

I am tring to get the Developer/2000 reports multi-tier server to work on Solaris running developer/2000 1.5.

I line in the tnsnames.ora and set all environment variables as instructed. however when I run
r25mtsm name=report.world

I get back the error

REP-0157 Value of PARAMFORM must be set to YES or NO

then after about 60 seconds I get

REP-087 Daemon failed to start up engine

and the program started. Checking the server log I get the message that the engine is starting up, then the message that the daemon could not startup the engine.

Any ideas on how to fix this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

--
William Dieterich      Call Sign: KD4LZE       Email: wdieteri_at_rmi.net