Re: Looping through Selected records -- Simple

From: Neville Sweet <sweet.neville.nj_at_bhp.com.au.no_junk_today_thanks>
Date: 1998/03/02

Hi Amardeep,

The easiest way is to do a First_Record and then loop through all records with Next_Record.

Here's an example, which also returns to the current record afterwards:

save_record := :System.Cursor_Record;

First_Record;

keep_looping := TRUE;

WHILE keep_looping
LOOP
  your-program-logic
 IF :System.Last_Record = 'TRUE'
 THEN
   keep_looping := FALSE;
 ELSE
   Next_Record;
 END IF;
END LOOP; Go_Record(save_record);

Amardeep Johar <amardeep.johar_at_shell.ca> wrote in article <34F9FFAD.4649_at_shell.ca>...