calling UNIX programs from Forms 4.5

From: Ohio Valley Laboratory <kemron_at_ee.net>
Date: 1998/02/24

[Quoted] Does anyone know of a good way to call UNIX programs (ctl, C, PL-SQL, etc...) from inside a Forms 4.5 module. We are currently using forms 3.0 which is UNIX based and just do a host call to these programs. Forms 4.5, being PC based has no connections to UNIX (that I know of) to do anything like this.

The only solution we can come up with is to create a table and insert the program name and parameters into it. Then on the UNIX side, have a cron constantly check for records in that table, extract the record, and run it.

Is there a simpler way?

Thanks,
Ron Watson Received on Tue Feb 24 1998 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message