Re: calling UNIX programs from Forms 4.5

From: Eric Keen <ekeen_at_dps-corp.com>
Date: 1998/02/24

Ron,

An efficient and secure way is through Oracle DBMS Pipes. It's a simple message queue that informs a waiting program that client work awaits. The best part this that notification is immediate, and no resources are used in "checking" for work.

Our company is looking for BETA customers this Spring who are willing to trial our product, SQL*Pipeline. It allows simple remote execution of shell scripts or host programs via stored procedures (passing parameters and returning exit codes and data). You can even use the native dbms_jobs package to schedule jobs.

If you are interested, please check our Web Site at http://www.dps-corp.com/prod.htm or contact us by phone or e-mail. Our number is 410-321-8444. Ask for Paul Tuma or myself.

We currently support AIX and HP-UX (while always looking for other platforms).

Regards,

Eric Keen
Director Product Development
DPSC
Towson, MD 21286

--
Only 685 days left to stock up on canned goods, fuel & ammo before
2000/1/1