Compiling multple PROC files into a single executable isn't possible?

From: David M Rosner <drosner_at_dcn.att.com>
Date: 1998/02/19

I have a proc program that i was finnaly able to compile after many days. Because the Oracle proc.mk file is so complex, and because i need to integrate other libs and things, i took the output from the make process and moved it into my own makefile. Then i recompiled and linked with my makefile no problem.

BUT, when i then remove the main routine from the file and try to put it into another file i get an error at the end of the link process that reads:

/usr/ccs/bin/ld: Duplicate symbol "sqlca" in files OracleWrapper.o and
OracleWrapper_driver.o
/usr/ccs/bin/ld: Duplicate symbol "oraca" in files OracleWrapper.o and
OracleWrapper_driver.o
/usr/ccs/bin/ld: Found 2 duplicate symbol(s)

Does anyone know what this error is? Is there a way to use the proc.mk file to compile and link multiple source files into an executable? I am using HPUX10 and 7.3.3

thanks for any help!
-dave Received on Thu Feb 19 1998 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message