Forms 4.5 help

From: <dave_at_potts-mullarkey.co.uk>
Date: 1998/02/18

[Quoted] I am developing a small Forms application which will consist of a menu screen [Quoted] and 6 options from it (activated by pushbuttons.)

Reading my manuals it seems I can achieve what I want by a number of different routes:

  1. Each screen is created as a stand alone form and is called from the menu using OPEN_FORM, NEW_FORM or CALL_FORM.
  2. The 7 screens are created as 7 separate canvas views within one form and [Quoted] each has a unique window attached to it

or the option I am currently developing

3. The 7 screens are created as 7 separate canvas views within one form and [Quoted] all use the same window (the canvas views are called from the menu using the [Quoted] REPLACE_CONTENTS_VIEW built in attached to a WHEN_BUTTON_PRESSED trigger.)

[Quoted] I am using the on line developers guide and a book by Albert Lulushi called [Quoted] Developing Oracle Forms applications. They both seem to indicate that all [Quoted] three of the above will result in a working solution. What they don't say is [Quoted] why I should choose one in preference to the others.

If anyone can help with an explanation and/or other books that are good for [Quoted] reference I would greatly appreciate it

Thanks

Dave