Re: Pro*C for NT and GNU C on NT - will it work?

From: Jeffery Cann <jcann_at_fairway.com>
Date: 1998/02/12

Zoran wrote:

> Has anyone tried using Pro*C on NT with the GNU C compiler for NT?
>
> I see that Pro*C has libs for msvc (Mircosoft Visual C/C++) and Borland
> C/C++, but would this libs work with the -free- GNU compiler?
>
> Zoran.

Fundamentally, the pro*c implementation includes the libraries needed to execute the pro*c compiled code. The compiler implementation + operating system files provide the C/C++ standard libraries and operating system calls.

There isn't any reason that you cannot use pro*c precompiler then gcc compiler to build objects.

Jefff

--
Senior Software Engineer
Fairway Systems, Inc.