Re: Forms30 to 4.5 migration

From: Leo ALbers <leoa.ven1_at_rx.xerox.com>
Date: 1998/02/12

Tim Lidstrand wrote:

> Any good papers out there discussing or providing a methodology for a
> Forms30 to 4.5 GUI migration? We are using the Des/2000 and Dev/2000.
>
> thanks

You have a few options. Try the following:

1)

Site    : Oracle - White Paper Library at address:
Address : http://tiburon.us.oracle.com/archive/library/white.htm
Document: Upgrading Existing Applications to Developer/2000 (Updated)

2)
If you run Windows95 or NT you will find conversion/migration information in the following file:
How to get there:

    Start > Programs > Oracle for NT (W95) >

              Developer 2000 Doc for NT (W95) >
                  Forms Reference Manual

From the 'Contents' menu select option:

   APPENDIX A. Compatibility with Prior Versions.

3)
In 'Developer 2000 Doc for NT (W95)' menu you find also the document 'Reports Migration Manual'

4)
Site : ORACLE User Forum: ORACLE Forms & Designer/2000 Conference Address: http://www.orafans.com/bbs/forms/bbs.htm

5)
Site : GUI*Converter (forms 3.0 to 4.5) Address: http://www.kumaran.com/

Good luck,

Leo Albers
EDS Venray, Netherlands Received on Thu Feb 12 1998 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message