Re: Copying Tables??

From: Irene Westervelt <iwesterv-no_at_span.mdsi.bc.ca>
Date: 1998/02/12

kkopp <kkopp_at_neo.lrun.com> wrote in article <NEWTNews.887057141.23917.kkopp_at_default.neo.lrun.com>...

> I am a college student using Oracle 7.3. I need top find
> a way to copy tables from one database to a 3.5 floppy and
> back to another database.
>
> Is there a program to do this?
>
> Sending the table to a text file and then using SQL*PLUS
> to bring it into a table is a pain.
>
> Could there be a way to create a database on the floppy
> itself??

Hi Kyle

[Quoted] You did not mention on what OS you are working. If it is unix you can export the specific tables to an export file. ftp this file to DOS or your floppy - go to the other PC if it is 2 different workstations and ftp it back to unix. Remember to do this in bin. Else if you are on a network you can ftp it directly. I'm sure someone can assist you on this one - may be one of your lecturers. After this you do a import.

Irene