Re: HELP: Embedded characters in SQL statement

From: Irene Westervelt <iwesterv-no_at_span.mdsi.bc.ca>
Date: 1998/02/12

no_at_spam.allowed wrote in article
<MPG.f49162c463c4c769896e5_at_news.wwa.com>...
> I would like to know how to submit an SQL statement which has imbedded
> characters such as an apostrophe or quotation-mark in them. For example,
>
> SQL_Statement="Select * from myTable where companyName = 'Wilson's
> Products'"
>
> As you can see, the word Wilson's contains an embedded apostrophe.
>
> Is there an acceptable method whereby I can submit this value without the

> apostrophe causing a problem?

[Quoted] Hi I also experienced this problems and could not find a solution - at the end I made use of th ` sign. eg. Wilson`s instead of the single qoute(because Oracle sees this as a reseved word). If you can find another workaround please let me know.

Irene