Re: Oracle Graphical Import /Load utility

From: Sarah Sikes <sikes_at_erols.com>
Date: 1998/02/09

Tim Romano <tim_at_ot.com> wrote:

> I'm looking for an Oracle-compatible import-wizard /
>graphical front-end to SQL Loader. I'd like it to work
>as the import Wizards do in, say, FoxPro or MS-Access:
>
>-- visually define with drag-drop the beginning/ending
>offset positions for fixed-length files
>-- set individual column parameters; define null-value
>handlers column by column
>-- set global import parameters
>
>Anything like this out there?
>
>Thanks,
>Tim

There is a third party tool. It migrates data from any source to any output (ascii text, ODBC compliant dbs, etc)

Its called Data Junction. I haven't used it for a couple of versions but its previous problem was the inabliity to accept multiple input sources or genrate multiple output files. Therefore if you were trying to load multiple tables from a single input source you had to create a "script" for each table Received on Mon Feb 09 1998 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message