Re: SQL*Reports 2.5...HELP!!!

From: Jay Couture <jcouture_at_latte.memphis.edu>
Date: 1998/02/09

D. Shah wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have recently been using SQL*Forms 4.5 where I could 'fire' a
> trigger when a
> certain field on the canvas was populated.
>
> I want to do the same in SQL*Reports 2.5...
>
> I have a repeating group - when a certain field is populated
> - I want to use this field's value to search a look-up table for a
> decode
> - and then populate a non-database field (on the same canvas) with
> this decode.
>
> So far I haven't worked out how to do either...can someone help me!!!

The way I do this is to create a formula column under the data module. Under the folmula, I perform my select statement.

Then in the layout:

    1)I add my formula field by creating a new field in the layout editor

    2)Modify the new field's source property to be my formula column     3)(Optional)Make the Horizonatl Sizing Variable

Hope this helps....Jay Received on Mon Feb 09 1998 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message