Re: Oracle DBA Certification Exams!!!

From: Malcolm Blackhall <blackhal_at_midtown.net>
Date: 1998/02/07

I don't profess to be an Oracle guru, but I have taken, and passed, the exams.

They are tied directly to the corresponding Oracle classes. They test only what is in the class materials. The best way to prepare for the exams is to take the classes. The second best way is to get ahold of the class materials and study them. If you can't do either of these you can still pass the exams.

For all of the exams except Performance and Tuning Workshop, I think that using the exam descriptions from Oracle, you can prepare adequately by reviewing the relevant product documentation and some of the available books.

I am not aware of any single source, other than the Oracle class materials, that would prepare anyone adequately for the Performance and Tuning Workshop exam. The best
source I have seen is the practice exam available from Self Test Software. But even it does not cover all the topics on the exam.

Of course, all of this is a lot easier if you have worked with the product for a while.

By the way, make sure you get and use the assessment exams from Oracle. They will give you a reasonable idea of how much work you have ahead. Received on Sat Feb 07 1998 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message