Re: ODBC and MS Access on NT4.0

From: Steffen Krause <stepfel_at_gmx.de>
Date: 1998/02/07

I have the same problem (maybe with an a little earlier 2.5 driver), also on Win95.
The only way to solve I found is use the 2.0 driver instead the 2.5 one.

Regards,
Steffen

Rich Tsui <tsui_at_cbmi.upmc.edu> wrote:

>Hi there,
>
> I downloaded the ODBC driver (v2.5.3.1.0b) for Oracle7.3.3 on
>NT4.0. After I set up
>the connection, it then works fine. However, if you leave the Access
>table open which links
>to the oracle DB, the Access will crash after an hour. This bug
>really drive me crazy.
>Is there any one out there knows some path which can solve this problem?
>
> Besides, I install the same version ODBC driver on WIN95, it works
>perfectly without
>any above trouble. The SQL*NET version for client is 2.3.2.
>
> Any suggestion is welcome. Thank you.
>
>Rich Tsui
>University of Pittsburgh

Steffen Krause stepfel_at_gmx.de
Dipl.-Inf, MCSE
But wherever we go we will always know
that the land we stand on is never our own Received on Sat Feb 07 1998 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message