Re: SQL*Plus 3.3: External Authentification ?

From: Brian Graham <grahamb_at_qouest.net>
Date: 1998/02/05

Naam Voornaam wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I defined a user with external authentication...
> So, when I connect to the DB my NT-userid and password are used to validate
> the request. This works fine when I use tools like PowerBuilder, SQL
> Navigator, ...
> When I use SQL*Plus 3.3 though, I cannot connect without entering a userid
> and password. Ho do I make SQL*Plus connect using external authentification
> ???
>
> All help appreciated
>
> Please mail me: johan.deryckere_at_case-consult.com
>
> PS: I ordered the Doc.Set 'chez Oracle', but I haven't received it yet...

You can't. OS authentication means that you have to sign on to the operating system in order to access that account. A work-around would be to have another account with views to the desired tables. That account could be accessed via sqlplus. And in your login script you could have an 'exit' to prevent OS logins if desired..

--
Brian Graham