Re: Forms45 triggers for form/block/item

From: Davis Kulis <davis_at_itsystems.lv>
Date: 1998/02/02

Angelo Cavallaro wrote:

> Hi there.
>
> I would set the Execution-Style of the Item-Trigger to 'After' so that
> the Form-Trigger would fire first.
> Then if you want to supress the execution of the Item-Trigger in the
> Form-Trigger I would just set e.g. a global variable to a value, which
> indicates the Item-Trigger to do nothing.
> Angelo.

TNX, but there is a problem:

(Maybe I didn't put it quite right for the first time)

Actually I generate block/item level triggers from Des2K & write only form level tiggers. So I do not want to change block/item level triggers (100% generation :)

I run into problems with some of constraints validating at field level, so I want to alter default validation rules (but still keep field level validation!).

davis

P.S. please, e-mail your suggestion directly to me as well

davis Received on Mon Feb 02 1998 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message