Re: Oracle News from OraWorld

From: Robert Marti <marti_at_inf.ethz.ch>
Date: 1998/01/31

In article <34CF8E7C.2D00_at_oraworld.com>, Kathleen O'Connor <koconnor_at_oraworld.com> wrote:
>ORACLE NEWS FROM ORAWORLD
>TOP STORIES

 [...]
>* BIG BAD NEWS FOR SYBASE
>Company is forced to restate earnings, sees 4Q loss on improper revenue
>recognition in Japan, and faces class action alleging financial fraud.

I find it interesting that Oracle should point the finger at Sybase regarding "improper revenue recognition" and being "forced to restate earnings", given the history of Oracle Coporation ...

  • Robert Marti

PS: Just in case you are wondering what I am referring to, you may want to read the book

  The Difference Between God and Larry Ellison: Inside Oracle Corporation   by Mike Wilson

Disclaimer: I have no relationship to publisher or author.

--
Robert Marti
Institut fur Informationssysteme