Dev2000 Insert and Commit without visible block

From: Joseph Scherer <jscherer_at_mindspring.com>
Date: 1998/01/30

[Quoted] [Quoted] I have what may be a weird question. I would like to insert [Quoted] a new record into a table every time an application starts. I am using the 'WHEN-NEW-FORM-INSTANCE' trigger and attempting to perform an SQL INSERT statement. I think all [Quoted] of that works fine. However, I have attempted to perform an immediate COMMIT. My changes are saved to the database, but I get an error message stating there are 'No changes to save.'

I have tried to trap this error in the trigger's PL/SQL code using the EXCEPTION section, but I cannot. Apparently, the error is occurring somewhere else in the commit processing. I know that I can customize the COMMIT trigger firing, but I do not want to affect the application as it is pretty complex.

All I want to do is insert a record into the table and perform an immediate commit. I do not want any user intervention or GUIs for the values. However, like I said before, I do not want to affect any critical changes to the existing application either. Can anyone help?

Thanks,
Joseph Received on Fri Jan 30 1998 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message