Re: Oracle Reports 2.5 Queries

From: Noble <Noble_at_Audiophile.com>
Date: 1998/01/26

reuven levene <reuven.levene_at_reuters.com> wrote in article <34BA46A4.2A2C_at_reuters.com>...

> 1) How do I set the report to be in character based landscape
 orientation?
> I have done the following but can not get it to work:
> 1.1) Changed the report Properties Page Width x Height to 11'' by 8.5''

What was the result of the output after you made these changes? What you need to do is to go back to the report property sheet. Select the 'Character Mode' page.
Swape the values of 'Report Width x Height' field. (I haven't tried this myself but its my best guess).

It may help if you design your report using character units, in which case, select the 'Use Character Units in Designer' option.

If your report contains graphics objects, select the 'Convert Bitmapped Objects to Boxes'.

> 2) How do I implement page a header and footer for each printed page?

See Chapter 2, Lesson IV: 'Add Page Numbers' section in Dev.200 Reports2.5, Building Reports Manual.

> 3) How do I change the text in a boilerplate?

Open the layout editor, select the text tool from the tool box (the mouse pointer will change to a cross). Click inside a text boilerplate to make it editable.

--
Noble
Noble_at_Audiophile.com