How to descrease size of System Tablespace?

From: Heinz Waldherr <HWaldherr_at_mediavest.de>
Date: 1998/01/12

Hi,

[Quoted] [Quoted] I have to reorganize an Oracle 7.3 database.

[Quoted] The problem is thatup to now all tables have been stored in the System tablespace.
Therefore it has grown to the extent of 2.6 GB. Although I have moved all the stuff to other tabelspaces now, and there are only the SYS and SYSTEM related stuff left,
I still can't resize the datafile ('file contains xxx blocks of data beyond requested RESIZE value'). Which seems a bit odd, as there's only 15 MB of data left.

Anybody knows an easy way to get a normal SYSTEM file and tablespace? Received on Mon Jan 12 1998 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message