Re: How to descrease size of System Tablespace?

From: Nadira Gangadhar <gangadnx_at_jmu.edu>
Date: 1998/01/12

You're probably getting this error because the 15M that's being used may be spread across the space that was initially allocated for the SYSTEM tablespace. Try coalescing the tablespace first: alter tablespace SYSTEM coalesce. Look at free space: select bytes from sys.dba_free_space where tablespace_name='SYSTEM' order by bytes; and you will see the amount of free space in the tablespace. Now resize the tablespace based on the largest amount of free space available.

Hope this helps.

In article <69d8h1$f8_at_ux1005.rell.com>, dwb_at_rell."<"NOSPAM says...