Reports MultiTier Server Help!

From: Tim McConechy <tmcconec_at_gulf.uvic.ca>
Date: 1998/01/12

Hello All!

I am having severe problems with my Reports MultiTier Server.

I am unable to run reports from the web (or from the command line) and I have no idea why!

First let me note that everything worked until I tried to update to Developer 2000 2.0.

An aside note about Developer 2000 2.0 is that I did not get ANY of the web forms/reports stuff to work. Apparantly there is a bug (606886) which causes the mts to hang when process ing a report from a URL.What these means is that the r30mts32 is completly useless. I don't understand how they could have released this when it doesn't even work in the slightest way??

Anyways.. Discruntled I uninstalled reports 3.0 and put my 2.5 back on.

I installed this line in orahome\network\admin\tnsnames.ora repserver.world =
(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=tcp)(HOST=142.104.12.84)(PORT=1974))

Then I typed..
r25mts32 -install repserver.world tcpip

Then I started the service.

r25mts32 is listed in my processes and the icon appears in the system tray (Using Windows NT 4.0 if you didn't notice yet)

I issue a URL request to r25cgi32.exe
and the showenv feature shows my environment as being correct but...

If I run a report ..
like 142.104.12.84\ows-bin\r25cgi32?clw
I get

Developer/2000 Reports Server OWS Cartridge - Unable to communicate with the Reports Server.

Why am I not able to communicate with the server?? Any ideas?
Related question: IF I uninstall say the reports30 component does it remove all DLL's
along with it?

Help! Received on Mon Jan 12 1998 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message