Re: Reports: SSL Failure FRM-41211

From: Ian C. Sellers <icslu_at_boco.co.gov>
Date: 1998/01/09

I had this problem intermittently a while ago in win31 and got this info from a co-worker:

The SSL failure seems to usually be caused when reports doesn't know where to put the temp files. Do you have the REPORTS25_TMP=c:\temp line in your Oracle.ini in the REPORT25 section? If you are running under WIN95/NT I'm not sure what this setting would be, but it would go in the registry. I know there was some discussion of this in the tools newsgroup awhile back if you want to go back into the archives.

I also heard that it could be related to free memory -- most notably conventional memory (Under 1st Meg). Under win31, freeing up more conventional memory seems to have worked for me.

Good luck -- this one is frustrating, and since it only seems to appear at runtime has me a little worried about deployment, but I suppose I'll find out if it'll be a serious problem soon. Please let me know if you find anything else relevant outside of this newsgroup.

-Ian