Help installing JDBC thin

From: Joseph <gollapal_at_brcsun0.tamu.edu>
Date: 1998/01/09

[Quoted] I am trying to install JDBC thin on Sun running solaris 2.5 and oracle 7.3.2. I have a couple of questions if someone can answer.

1)It says add classes111.zip to CLASSPATH. I am a little confused does this mean
that I have to set the environment variable CLASSPATH to where classes111.zip is located. Like >setenv CLASSPATH $ORACLE_HOME/../../classes111.zip or does it have something to do with Java.
  I suspect I am right if I am when is the CLASSPATH used during complile time for java code or during execution time. I am thinking its probably during compile time because I don't see how it would access env variables during execution. So if it is during compile time then I have to have access to classes111.zip. I am asking this Q because because my java compiler is on a different machine than where Oracle runs.

[Quoted] 2)Also when you connect they mentioned the TCP/IP listener on a port. Is this the Oracle listener that I start with to get SQL net connections or is it just any web listener. If it is the Oracle listener how can I start the listener on the same port everytime. I noticed that when I stop the listener and then start it back up it randomly chooses a port. I guess I can do that anymore because I would have to recompile my java code evertime.

Your replies would be greatly appreciated. Please send your replies to gollapal_at_brcsun0.tamu.edu as soon as possible. Thanks in advance to those
who respond. Received on Fri Jan 09 1998 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message