Re: Japanization of and English Oracle Application

From: Greg Kainz <gkainz_at_orapro.com>
Date: 1997/12/18

My client is developing an app that displays both English and Japanese. We've built the database with JA16EUC charset, have the client NLS_LANG set to JA16SJIS, and we're using MS Gothic fonts for display. This combination seems to work ok. We have a few client boxes with Japanese MS NT4.0 and it handles the moving between clients quite well. If you want to print to .pdf files, you're in for LOTS of hair-pulling fun, however!
Greg