Re: Designer 2000/Newbie problems

From: Jeff Jacobs <jmjacobs_at_jeffreyjacobs.com>
Date: 1997/12/17

This problem is usually due to the User Help text for the module containing a line with more than 70 characters.

Check the User Help Text for the module (as well as for the Detailed Table and Column Usages, if you've added those to the module). "Trevor Maydaniuk" <_trevor_maydaniuk_at_echarge.com> wrote:

>Hello,
>
>I am having an interesting problem with designer/2000. When I generate
>forms applications on certain tables within the schema I have defined, I
>get a CGEN-0003 error (VARCHAR overflow). The tables themselves were
>generated on the server without any problems.
>
>CGEN-0003 is described as an error that is "not normally issued - contact
>customer support rep". If only I knew who that was...
>
>I am wondering at least where the problem is occurring, so that I can
>resolve it without losing my last months work. Any help would be much
>appreciated.
>
>trevor maydaniuk

-JJ

Visit our new website at http://www.jeffreyjacobs.com

 Jeffrey Jacobs & Associates
 Oracle Designer/2000 Consulting & Training  951-2 Old Country Road, Suite 119, Belmont, CA 94002  Voice: 650-571-1457, FAX: 800-665-1379
 Email: jmjacobs_at_ix.netcom.com
 Web: http://www.jeffreyjacobs.com Received on Wed Dec 17 1997 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message