Re: How to invoke a web browser from within a form

From: Chris Hughes <chris.hughes_at_gsc.gte.com>
Date: 1997/12/16

Along the same line of thinking...has anyone successfully attempted to call the default browser on the machine. Specifically, if you are working on a Windows 95 machine and double click on an .html document, whatever browser you have specified as the default (i.e. Explorer or Netscape Navigator) will bring up the page.

While your solution certainly works, you have to 'hard code' the path to the browser, which means that if you don't code for every possible browser out on your client machines, this code may not work in all cases.

We have been looking for a way to just pass the web page out to the OS and have it handle bringing up whatever browser the end user has installed...

Any thoughts??

In article <3491AB02.20944D0F_at_gulf.uvic.ca>, tmcconec_at_gulf.uvic.ca says...