Re: Oracle to Access97 via ODBC: any ideas?

From: Richard Finney <richard.finney_at_yeg.co.uk>
Date: 1997/12/16

[Quoted] Hi Gianluca,

Maybe I have 2 ideas on what might possibly help solve some ODBC problems: [Quoted] 1. I noticed that #Error occurs when the datavalues in a field exceed the [Quoted] fields capacity. To solve this try building a query on the table, gradually [Quoted] add more fields until the #error code results, then you can identify the rogue field.
[Quoted] Also I notice that Microsofts ODBC drivers are More compatible with Oracle [Quoted] than Oracles ODBC drivers are compatible with Access, so try Microsofts to [Quoted] see if this gives the same problem. The only place I have found these [Quoted] drivers is in the Visual Basic 5 installation CD (Enterprise Edition). [Quoted] 2. The problem you have with Access refreshing the links to tables, I have [Quoted] seen only when trying to run pass through queries, so maybe you can get [Quoted] around this by unchecking the pass through option ?

Just a couple of ideas, I hope some help.

Have Fun - Richard. Received on Tue Dec 16 1997 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message