Re: Designer/2000, generated forms & PL/SQL?

From: Jeff Jacobs <jmjacobs_at_jeffreyjacobs.com>
Date: 1997/12/14

Other than using COMPLEX for the derivation of base table columns (set int the Column Definition), devrivation of non-base table items (set in secondary table usages), there isn't much you can do.

R2 allows you to fully define PL/SQL in the repository for Forms et alia.

tnasset_at_aol.com (TNasset) wrote:

>>It seems like Oracle does not provide a way to add PL/SQL code
>>to Designer/2000 generated forms in any useful way. Am I missing
>>something?
>>
>>In Designer/2000, it is easy enough to produce Forms45 forms
>>or *server*-side PL/SQL, but there does not seem to be any
>>way to link PL/SQL "modules" to Forms45 "module" triggers.
>>What am I missing?
>>

>Lookup COMPLEX notation in Designer help (under forms generator help I
>believe.) There is a section there somewhere that discusses how the generator
>integrates application logic (i.e. calling stored procedures and the like)
>When you open the dialog box for a detailed table usage, the last tab has a
>section where you can enter derivation expressions, pl/sql and use the COMPLEX
>notation. Confusing, I know. Hope it helps.

-JJ

Visit our new website at http://www.jeffreyjacobs.com

 Jeffrey Jacobs & Associates
 Oracle Designer/2000 Consulting & Training  951-2 Old Country Road, Suite 119, Belmont, CA 94002  Voice: 650-571-1457, FAX: 800-665-1379
 Email: jmjacobs_at_ix.netcom.com
 Web: http://www.jeffreyjacobs.com Received on Sun Dec 14 1997 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message