Re: TRIGGER VMS COMMANDS FROM A FORM RUNNING ON A PC

From: Harvey Mark <IMCEAMS-EARTH_PO1_msmrh>
Date: 1997/12/11

        You've got your work cut out on this one, your "HOST" is no longer your lovely

        server but your microsoft/inter PC. This is a problem all Client Server Oracle

        developers are facing, the most common solution is to write a Pro*C ( or any

        other Pro*x ) Language daemon sitting on the Server. Requests are made to

        it from PC's via inserts into an Oracle table which the daemon polls.

        Client Server - progress, mmmm!

                Mark Harvey.