How To Create a logon screen by using FORMS4.5

From: Yao Fang <fangyao_at_sirus.com>
Date: 1997/11/25

Dear Forms Experts,

     I have a question about creating a user logon screen, my basic idea is , first I create a table called user_sec(

	username	varchar2(15),
	password	varchar2(8),
	status		char(1)); -- only used the new user to change the password

[Quoted] Then I create a form with one block on it. On the block , there are two non-database field : userid and passwd. It works fine if the user types the right username and password(compared the value in the database), but I want to allow the user try the wrong password three times before [Quoted] the form closed. But the problems is that I cannot use either do_key build_in and execute_trigger to exit the form since it is not in the Enter-Query Mode.

[Quoted] Can you give me some idea 1)How to implement the logon screen from your [Quoted] own experience? 2)Is there any way to exit the form when it is not on Query Mode?

Thanks in Advance. Have a nice Thanksgiving.

Yao Fang Received on Tue Nov 25 1997 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message