Forms, Reports, et al; Connecting to Foxpro/Dbase Tables

From: Steven C. Kondolf <skondolf_at_hatespam.frontiernet.net>
Date: 1997/11/24

[Quoted] I'm just starting to learn about developing with Oracle Dev2k tool i.e. Forms 4.5, Reports 2.5 and have just loaded them on my home pc with a tcp/ip connection thru an NT server at work.

I also have some personal applications at home which were developed with Foxpro 2.0 and Visual Foxpro 3.0.

My question: Can I somehow connect to my Foxpro tables so that I can create forms and reports with Oracle but use the data in Foxpro? If so, how do I go about doing this? If not, do I have to get something like personal oracle or PO Lite to accomplish this? I've seen 'some' discussion on ODBC but as I'm new to all this I haven't been able to grasp it yet.

Any suggestions appreciated.

Regards,
Steve
skondolf_at_hatespam.frontiernet.net
skondolf_at_hatespam.compuserve.com

  • email addresses altered to foil spammers !! ***
  • Remove hatespam. from address before sending ***