Re: Forms, Reports, et al; Connecting to Foxpro/Dbase Tables

From: Jorge Meirim <No_Spam_at_Thank.you>
Date: 1997/11/27

  1. Get the ODBC driver for FOX/DBF files. Configure it giving it a good name a indicating also a path to you files.(forget the indexes for the test).
  2. Try to connect (using sql) user/_at_odbc:name_given_by_you_to_your_ODBC_CONNECTION
  3. Try to get clipper*.pdf from oracle.
  4. Read orawin(95)\oca\ directory for you to understand. ---------------------------------*--------------------------------
  5. you can even copy data from you old fox pro files to ORACLE.
  6. TRy to get Personal Oracle instead of PO lite for you to feel the POWER of Oracle.
  7. Then if you get the trial from www.oracle.com try this: 7.1 you are already connect to Oracle using sql+ 7.2 copy from user/_at_odbc:name_given_by_youcreate test- using select * from table_name_or_dbf_file_wthout_ext; You will have all you FOX data in Oracle.

Try this...

Regards

J. Meirim

Transparente(remove_this)_at_mail.telepac.pt

In article <3479a951.5255971_at_news.frontiernet.net>, skondolf_at_hatespam.frontiernet.net says...