Personal Oracle Lite Questions

From: Daniel Moy <daniel_moy_at_merck.com>
Date: 1997/11/20

Hello All,

I am thinking of using POLite as a means for remote data entry. I currently have an application written in VB5 that uses RDO to access and Oracle 7.2.3 server. I would like to replicate the database so that the entire application can be used on a remote laptop with little to no modification. I should also mention that I am using MS ODBC driver.

Here are the questions:

1- Does the POLite ODBC driver support RDO? (It does not appear to)
2- How come the AddNew, Update etc methods do not work? When will they?
3- When will multi column indexes be supported?
4- Will POLite ever be able to replicated and use stored procedures.
5- How does POLite handle replicaiton to a database that only allows
adds, updates, deletes via stored procedures?

Thanks,
Dan

       my employer, Merck & Co., Inc.  All responsibility for the statements
       sender.