Re: Dev/2000 under Win3.11 - CALL_FORM memory loss

From: <railies_at_cam.org>
Date: 1997/11/17

John Roberts wrote:

> I'm using Developer/2000 V1.2 under Windows 3.11
>
> The application being designed is using 'CALL_FORM' for inter-form
> navigation. Form 'A' calls form 'B', which calls form 'C', etc... either
> via the menu or a button - all simple stuff!
>
> The application suffers from memory seepage, where the memory allocated
> on calling a form is not released on return. The application eventually
> crashes with a General Protection Fault (DE15WIN.DLL at 001F:0023F).
>
> I can't use FIX1MB.EXE for memory management, or upgrade to Windows
> 95/NT (Yet!) - both for political reasons beyond my control! I plan to
> upgrade to version 1.3.2 (16 Bit), but my initial testing indicates that
> the problem still exists in this version.
>
> If I redesign the application and merge individual forms into larger
> complex forms, I run the risk of making the forms too big to debug.
>
> What can I do?
>
> I'd be grateful for any ideas.
>
> John Roberts

How many forms do you call ? On win 3.11/ 32 Mb / you can open at least 5. Why not set a counter < 6 else show_alert('The maxim no. of forms ...') - i am wondering if your application is well organized or simply managed by users ?

razvan iliescu Received on Mon Nov 17 1997 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message