Any ideas for the menu? Anyone ? Anyone?

From: Andy <Andy_at_Anti.Spam.See.My.Signature>
Date: 1997/11/16

We have "inherited" an application wihch has a number of menus (approx 20) that are about 80% similar but may differ in one or two places.

Whenever a new screen is added or the Roles need to be changed, every single menu must be updated.
The application allows every major query screen to be accesses by every other - design requirement. But the action menus vary from screen to screen as do some others.
Of the ones that are the same they *MAY* call different triggers but generally

do not.

[Quoted] How best do I go about reconciling this all into some kind of reference/master

menu that ideally allows "Derived" child menus to

  1. have their own individual sub menus if necessary.
  2. Hide or display certain menu items on a per- child basis.

Template menus seem too restricted.

Because Developer doesn't allow you to walk through the menu heirachy at run-time (does it?) every approach I think of starts to look like a horrible hack.

Do I have to get involved with Property Classes?

<disclaimer>
This is *almost* my first post here. Treat me nicely! I find Forms gives me lots of ability to manipulate objects at design-time which is severly reduced at run-time.

Andy L. Received on Sun Nov 16 1997 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message