DES2K ERD - Transferable Relationships

From: Robert Siegel <robertsiegel_at_compuserve.com>
Date: 1997/11/14

[Quoted] Does anyone know what are the downstream implications of whether a relationship is transferable. I cannot find anything in the documentation about this.

        The tool defaults to making all relationships transferable. It also indicates transferability on the parent end which does not make any sense to me because there will not be a foreign key column in the physical table to change the value of to make the transfer in the physical/real database table. The tool also seems to allow a relationship that is part of the unique ID to be transferable. That violates what I know about Oracle database tables that a primary key is not updatable.

        So what is the bottom line on all of this.

--
Thanks In Advance
Bob Siegel